The Philips M4841A IntelliVue Telemetry Transmitter is available for rent and sale from US Med-Equip. The Philips M4814A Intellivue is a lightweight, portable telemetry transmitter with integrated ECG & SPO2 monitoring capability. Each transceiver model provides bi-directional communication with the Philips IntelliVue Information Center.
- Compact, lightweight transceivers.
- Configurable Audible Volume Levels for local status information (or mute configuration).
- Clinical operator-initiated Audible Page/Find Device alerts for locating the device (initiated from the IntelliVue Information Center)
- Patient/clinical operator-initiated Multifunction Telemetry Button (configurable) allows for Nurse 0Call, Remote Recordings, both or neither. Also controls Alarm Pause/Suspend when pressed along with the Check Button.
- 3-Minute Alarms Pause/ Suspend and Indicator - clinical operator-initiated at transceivers or central station. Resume monitoring from Standby.
- Out-of-Range audible alert.
- Check button to confirm the battery status, Lead- set in use (3, 5, or 6), and EASI mode
- Vivid electrode placement diagrams (AAMI or IEC) on the transceiver case (EASI, Standard, MCL, and V-Leads).
- Leads-Off indicators for standard and EASI placement with INOP messages at the IntelliVue Information Center. Indicates leads attached upon lead insertion.
For more information, please refer to the following:
All of our refurbished equipment is patient-ready with a one year warranty, and is an excellent value to buy or to rent.
- 0.00 LBS
- For Rent or Purchase
All refurbished equipment sold by U.S. Med-Equip, Inc. (“USME”) is patient-ready and is warranted to be free from defects in both materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year unless otherwise specified. Parts, accessories and internal batteries are covered by a 90-day limited warranty unless otherwise specified. Any stated warranties are in effect from the date of sale. US MED-EQUIP reserves the right to repair, replace or refund (less cost of shipping) any item(s) requiring warranty service. The customer is responsible for return shipping costs and required to contact US MED-EQUIP prior to shipping the item(s) back.