As part of US Med-Equip’s commitment to smart solutions to help our partners manage their moveable medical equipment needs, we have invested in passive RFID technology. US Med-Equip is changing the way hospitals manage their equipment by tagging our entire rental fleet with Passive RFID tags. Hospitals now have a tool to quickly and efficiently locate equipment.
How does it work?
- RFID readers can locate tagged equipment up to 25ft away.
- The RFID reader emits RADIO WAVES that read the RFID tag and relay equipment information to the hand-held scanner.
- Patients experience minimal disruptions as the waves bounce under closed doors, around corners and through walls.
- The RFID scanner and tags do not interfere with other medical equipment and systems.
How Does it Benefit My Hospital?
- Quickly locate equipment that may be potentially missing, recalled or in need of preventative maintenance.
- Increase utilization of hospital equipment leading to reduced rental needs.
- Locate equipment which may be “hidden” from sight, such as in a drawer, closet, under a bed, locker, etc.
- Fast identification of “wanted” equipment.
- Helps with PM compliance.
Need a complete asset management solution for capital and rental equipment? Take a look at our STAR Trax Program