The CareFusion Alaris Medley™ SpO2 Module is a pulse oximeter used for continuous, noninvasive monitoring of functional oxygen saturation of arterial hemoglobin (SpO2) and pulse rate. Model 8210 comes with Nellcor® OxiMax™ technology and uses the Nellcor’s OxiMax™ series sensor line. The Alaris® SpO2 module from CareFusion provides continuous, non-invasive monitoring of blood oxygen levels and pulse rates in adult, pediatric and neonatal patients.With a common user interface that reduces training time and programming complexity for your clinicians and biomed technicians, the Alaris SpO2 module provides a vital infusion safeguard with the Guardrails® Suite MX software. This safety software includes customizable alarm limits by care area and trending data alongside PCA dosing data.
- The SatSeconds™ Feature is an alarm management tool that allows you to configure the time that the %SpO2 level may fall outside the alarm limit before an audible alarm sounds. This feature was designed by Nellcor to reduce nuisance alarms.
- The Pre-Silence feature enables alarms to be pre-silenced for 120 seconds, but can be cancelled before the 120 seconds are complete.
- Safety throughout the duration of infusion therapy
- Provides the unique ability to automatically pause a PCA infusion and deactivate the patient dose request cord if a patient falls below your hospital-defined % SpO2 limits when used with the Alaris® PCA module
- Supports current ASA and APSF standards mandating monitoring of oxygenation for all appropriate patients