The Percussionaire IPV-2C is a patient-ready ventilator available for rent from US Med-Equip.
Designed specifically for non-continuous institutional/hospital use, the IPV®-2C is a pressure-limited, flow-interrupted, and time-cycled ventilator which provides TRUE-IPV® therapy, a modality of mechanical ventilation “Intrapulmonary Percussive Ventilation” (IPV®). IPV®-2C provides high frequency percussive pulses between 60-400 cycles per minute. These high frequency percussive pulses ramify throughout the airways and alveolar ducts and augment diffusive ventilation in the gas exchange regions of the lung, allowing improved FRC, CO₂, removal, airway clearance and lung recruitment. IPV®-2C can also be used In-Line with conventional mechanical ventilators, delivering TRUE-IPV® therapy and preventing the need to switch between different devices..
Patients who may benefit include those with the following conditions:
- Premature Lungs
Pulmonary complications of:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Restores FRC
- Reduces time in the ICU
- Reduces oxygen need at discharge from NICU
- Improves Oxygenation and reduces PaCO2
- Provides better management of COPD exacerbations
- Reduces nosocomial infection
- Improves airway clearance
- Lung recruitment by treating atelectasis
- Demand CPAP
- Additional control sensitivity
- Pneumatically powered by hospital air or O2
- Compatible with most conventional ventilators
- Demand CPAP
- Independent CPAP
- Often used with Phasitron® Kit A50095-D
Specs and photos may include optional features. Talk to a sales representative for details. All logos, product names, and content are trademarks and copyrights of the respective owners. To find the latest reference information on this device, please visit the manufacturer’s website.